We were thrilled when we were contacted by Jillian Michaels’ PR firm to receive a press copy of Ripped in 30. But as true Jillian Michaels worshipers, both Bill and I had pre-ordered ours! . We did ask if we could do a brief interview with Jillian, asking her some of the questions that many of you have been asking us (and ones we’re curious about ourselves). And much to our delight, she agreed! So what better way to kick off our Get Ripped in 30 Challenge than with Jillian Michaels herself!
1. Everyone keeps asking us what’s the best time of day to do your shorter workouts – like 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 – what do you recommend?
Jillian: Anytime you can fit it in! In an ideal world though I would say the a.m. simply because exercise releases endorphins and can keep some people up when they train at night.
2. We screech at the screen every time someone tweets that they’ve been doing your workouts barefoot. What is the best type of footwear for folks to be sporting?
Jillian: Obviously I am going to say K Swiss because I work with them – love their pricepoint, performance, and aesthetics, but I am not a believer in barefoot training. I think that we would have had to go barefoot our whole lives for our body to be properly adapted to this. I believe it unnecessarily risks injury.
3. We’ve got our fave of your DVDs, but what’s yours? And how about someone else’s that you’d recommend?
Jillian: Ripped in 30! I don’t do exercise DVDs actually but I will always say Bob Harper’s personal collection not the ones he does for the Biggest Loser.
4. If you could tell people change one thing only to get fit, what would it be? (i.e. work out, eat less, eat organic, no sugar)
Jillian: Eat organic whenever possible
5. We’re parents ourselves and we know you’ve talked about wanting to have kids. When you become a parent and your schedule goes crazier, how do you envision your workouts changing?
Jillian: I barely get to the gym now so I think it will be more of the same… squeeze it in whenever I can and when I go – go hard.
6. Alright we’re dying to know, why do you think the new trainers’ team lost so much less than yours when they went home on Biggest Loser?
Jillian: No comment
Thanks so much, Jillian! As you might have read on Twitter, Jillian is threatening to retweet our Get Ripped in 30 Challenge posts, and wants to see who can make it through Level 4 without stopping! Haha.
Come back tomorrow for the official start. We’ll be posting before pictures!